Impact of Photography

While watching this movie, There are many things that I could think of about how photography impacted the world. This movie did a great job at showing the effects that photography and media can have on anyone. 

During the movie, I found myself to get a little bit lost but there were certain parts that I remember stood out to me. Most of the movie was based around this single picture that was taken of the soldiers. There was a lot of debate about who was in the photography and exactly when it was taken. This brings me to my first reason for how photography can impact the world. Because they had no idea who was in the photo, it caused families to become angry. False reports and accusations that were made caused many families to get their hopes up. 

It was also interesting to see how this actually affected the people in the photo. In the movie they were seen as heroes because of what they did, but I feel there was also a sense of anger for them too because people were given credit that was not actually in the photo. Like I said earlier, this can really negatively impact everyone in their lives. The fact that not everyone knew the story behind the photo probably could have been very upsetting, because after the photo, they still had to go and fight for our country. 

Some positive impacts that I think the photograph had however include the fact that people can actually see what has to happen in order for our country to be safe. Not everyone realizes what goes on in battle and how hard it can be for our soldiers. I think photography can be a huge eye opener for people who may not know a whole lot about something. 

In conclusion, I think this movie was a great way to show the negative and positive effects of photography. I think that even today, we can encounter the same issues, especially since a lot of our lives revolve around the media.